An equality and diversity training manual for Children’s Centre managers, pre-school or nursery leaders and teachers of all Early Years settings. The Creative Footsteps Training Manual has been developed as a tool for managers and leaders to train their own staff teams and can be used as a reference and working guide. The manual aims to help Early Years practitioners explore and deepen their understanding of the nature of culture and diversity.The manual includes:
- A full range of training exercises for facilitating 6 sessions of training for staff
- CD with powerpoint presentations
- Creative ideas and activities to use with children
- Background reading with references to recent research
- A resources box which can be hired or bought.
Early Years coordinator and author of the manual Jane Habermehl said:
“This manual presents a creative approach to embedding quality and equality teaching throughout the Foundation stage curriculum. This is a peer training manual with the emphasis on inspiring staff teams to develop their understanding of equality and diversity in a supportive and practical way”.
As well as the manual itself, DDE is also offering a two day training course which includes a copy of the manual. Download a flyer for further details together with a booking form.