For Fairtrade Fortnight 2019 we invited Veronica Browne and Simeon Greene, Fairtrade banana farmers from St Vincent in The Caribbean.
“It was really interesting listening to the experiences of people who farm in other parts of the world”
We held six Primary School Conferences across the county. Here are some photographs of the events at which they spoke about their lives and work and some comments from the pupils and teachers they met.
- “The children learnt lots about Fairtrade. Really highlighted what it’s all about”
- “180 banana grow on a plant at once! Wow”
- “Brilliant listening to the real growers – I will always look for the Fairtrade badge”
- “It made me wonder about all the other food we eat”
- “Before I didn’t know what Fairtrade was, I thought it was just a sticker on bananas – now I feel I know about it”
- “I really enjoyed listening to Veronica and Simeon, it made me think about things I hadn’t thought of before”
- “Farmers work really hard on banana farms”